power filter for little turtles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamatide

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!!

What is the very best power filter for small turtles? Which keeps the tank clearer for a longer period of time?

I use an Aquaclear hob, and keep fresh activated carbon (smell) and filter floss in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are both sold as the same company, Fluval.
C4 being the newer model.

Both have the exact same motor.

AC70 has more media and space.

C4 has more chambers and possibly less bypass if it doesn't overflow.

I personally like AC as I can add my own media in it. Just don't add too much as there will be alot of water bypass.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use a Penn Plax cascade 400 internal filter for my three tanks. I have a BN pleco in each tank and they produce a lot of poop. Bless them. The aquaclear 30 filters that I had on the tanks didn't do it. So we tried them and they work great and they can be used on turtle tanks as well. They can be laid down in the water or stuck to the glass with the suction cups on the filter. I used to keep turtles about thirty years or forty and I really wish I had these types of filters back then . They have a refillable charcoal box in them and a good sized sponge. There is also room around the charcoal box underneath or on the top if you wanted to add more media. I highly recommend them. Alison

Back
Top Bottom