Power head advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my previous post regarding my algae issues I am thinking of purchasing a power head for my tank. My tank is a 55g column style tank and is 30" deep. I know I have dead spots and the circulation in the bottom of the tank stinks. What size should I purchase and where should I place it?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A 240GPH could suit what you want to accomplish.

You have plants? Watch the tank and see where there is little movement. That's where you put the powerhead, or across from it where it will blow into that area.

Caleb

In my previous post regarding my algae issues I am thinking of purchasing a power head for my tank. My tank is a 55g column style tank and is 30" deep. I know I have dead spots and the circulation in the bottom of the tank stinks. What size should I purchase and where should I place it? Ohh and I have plants.

Thanks for the quick reply! I know is the right side of the tank. Will it be beneficial to point it down to hit the dead spot and should it be placed half way down. This is. This is the same tank style that I believe you scaped for a neighbor a while back.

Thanks for the quick reply! I know is the right side of the tank. Will it be beneficial to point it down to hit the dead spot and should it be placed half way down. This is. This is the same tank style that I believe you scaped for a neighbor a while back.

Ahh a 56 column I think it was?

I frequently check on that tank. They don't know much but I looked them in the eye and told them weekly water changes and it's been fine ever since :)

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom