Power out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in ohio and we got nailed with 80mph straight line winds. It was 104 degrees and then the storm rolled in. It took out my kids swing set and trampoline. Spent about a day and a half running my fridge and tanks on a generator and helping my neighbor. He had a huge maple tree come crashing down on his other neighbors garage. Talk about a bad couple of days

From what I am seeing on news and on line today that storm did a lot of damage for a long way, no wonder they calling it a land hurricane!

Wow!! When I used to live in Minnesota about a year ago my neighbors set up a trampoline and that night a storm came and destroyed it. They only had it for 1 day! And tramps can be expensive!

Our tramp was $270. Its a 14ft with the net. The posts for the net are bent so I'm just gonna hack off where it bent and bolt it back together. Lol I guess we are kinda gettin off topic

I kinda feel bad for getting up set about power outage now, We got a little over heated for one day but suffered no losses, not even my fish. Others list lives pets and property. All of us should be happy of minimal loss and love our fishy friends that have made it thru a tough time. Lol after all we are all they have so they depend on us to do right by them. I hope every one that has fishy friends in these power outages is able to keep them healthy.

Went through the same thing here in woodbridge va
lost power from 10pm till about 4pm next day it was hot enough to keep temp in tank up to 78 grabbed filter media put it a bucket filled with some tank water
stirred water up to try to keep water oxygenated power came back on no losses just did a pwc on all tanks

Personallly I wouldnt worry if I were you. I live in maryland and I have the same weather and I normally have my air conditioner off all day til I get home from work (from 5 am to 5 pm) and unless you have extremely sensitive fish, you shouldnt have a problem. Last year during the hurricane I had no power for 5 days and I had no casualties. No major worries, dont stress over this.

I live in the UK so never have any problems like that.....we only endure rain mainly. However, I have read that hanging bags of ice over the tank with small holes controls the temperature in that kind of situation. Not sure how effective it is personally but it's worked for others ;)

Back
Top Bottom