Power Outage!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New_b0401

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Power just want out in my house I think I'm good on heat actually it might get to warm/: tips on how to keep things cool and keep air in the tanks would be AMAZING! Thanks so much I currently have 4 tanks nothing I have is battery operated and I dont have anyrhing available to plug anything into. So this will have to all be by hand thanks so much :)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi, frozen tightly sealed bottles of water, 500 ml are a good size, this will help keep things cool. Don't know about air, some else might have an idea. Good luck

Take a cup, new clean, cheap cup. Simply get some tank water, and pour it back in the tank. Do this maybe a few times every 1/2 hour, just to distrust the surface a bit. Even just a cheap fan hitting the surface would help

I'm with Pandicorn. I had a six hour outrage last fall, but I had to keep the tank warm. The house got down to sixty degrees. Fortunately I have a gas stove. I warmed water in a clean container in a pot of boiling water (which also helped warm the house) and poured it in the aquarium every 15 minutes. So same idea only to keep it warm and aerated instead of cool and aerated.

Ok thanks for all the tips luckily powers back on but now I have some tips for next time:)

Power is Out

Power just want out in my house I think I'm good on heat actually it might get to warm/: tips on how to keep things cool and keep air in the tanks would be AMAZING! Thanks so much I currently have 4 tanks nothing I have is battery operated and I dont have anyrhing available to plug anything into. So this will have to all be by hand thanks so much :)

Hello New...

If the power goes out during the day, then pull the shades, curtains or whatever. Incoming sunlight will heat up the inside pretty quickly. If the tanks are larger, then it will take many hours for the water to warm up. A gradual change of a few degrees won't do any harm. By that time, the power should be restored.

Don't fret too much over it .

B

You can get a battery run air pump at most fish supply places. I bought one for each of my tanks. They were around $6 each. They are loud but not as loud as to be completely unbearable. Where I live we get power outages all the time. I keep my batter air pumps on my tanks all the time so I just have to flip a switch to get air. Saves on some worry.

Ok great to know! Thanks!

I like those Bubbles air pumps they have in the fishing department of most big box stores driving an ol' box filter during an outage. ...that or an inverter/ups running my HOB only.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom