Power outage no battery backup [emoji22]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've been without power for approx 2 hours, tank temp isn't dropping much maybe .5 degrees but I have no circulation in the tank, will the fish be okay for another hour till the power comes back on?

I went 13 days w/o power after an ice storm. My 65 gal was over stocked with various varieties of Rainbow fish. No losses. If you have a gas water heater, change out five gallons of water 3x a day and replace with very warm water. Cover the tank with a blanket.
Another way is to fill Rubbermaid containers with very hot water and float them in the tank.
During the course of the day, pour pitchers of tank water through your filter to help the BB survive.
Good luck.

I went 13 days w/o power after an ice storm. My 65 gal was over stocked with various varieties of Rainbow fish. No losses. If you have a gas water heater, change out five gallons of water 3x a day and replace with very warm water. Cover the tank with a blanket.
Another way is to fill Rubbermaid containers with very hot water and float them in the tank.
During the course of the day, pour pitchers of tank water through your filter to help the BB survive.
Good luck.
It just came back on, but for how long I don't know, I have the tank covered was just worried about the no circulation in the tank, it's been doing this since 5 pm was going on and off every 30seconds to a minute then went full out for about 2 hours, my house is very old and drafty so the fislrst thing I did was cover the tanks, just had no idea how long they could live without oxygen in the water

I'm so glad your power is back. It's unusually cold here in Oklahoma. I can't imagine how cold it is there.

I'm so glad your power is back. It's unusually cold here in Oklahoma. I can't imagine how cold it is there.
It's back out ugh, yeah it's 3° here but the power outage map is getting smaller and smaller so hopefully soon, at least I got a good 30 min of filtration And heat into tank, fish are probably freaked cause I have the lunars on but covered so it's a light blue just barely any light, probably think it's a lightning storm lol.

I do have a big fire going in the fire place

Back
Top Bottom