Powerhead placement!!! Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickrabb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,

I have a beautiful new 6 foot (182 cm) 185 gallon (685 litres) tank and struggling about the placement of my powerheads.

My setup, is plastic plants, rectangular shaped tank. I have a Aqua one 2700L/hr filter with its outlet in the back right of the tank (intake strainer at the back left). I also have a top filter which doesn't create much flow but the strainer is in the back right. So I have to strainers (intakes) in both back corners.

I also have two 30cm air stones in the middle of the tank.

My two powerheads are 2600L/hr each. Wasn't sure on the placement?

How high to have each powerhead? Whether Bounce the flow off the glass?
Face each other??

Any help would be great !

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 6 ft tank. I created a counter clockwise current on mine. I have the outputs facing same way on both canisters and placed a circulator in the back right corner up towards the top but pointed down towards middle of tank. The other circulator is front left corner about mid way and I have that one pointed straight. I only have one spot that collects stuff because of the rock work I have. The fish usually stir it up and it gets sucked up in the circulator.

Try several different things and see what works. I change the way mine blows every so often, watch the tank and the behavior, change again ...

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom