powerhead too strong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danstroud1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi. i bought a sunsun powerhead jp-025 to create more surface agitation in my 300 litre tank. it does 1600l/h. its doing the job just great but my fish seem to want stay at the other end of the tank away from the water flow. is this just because it is new and something they will adapt to in time or is this powerhead too strong?
thanks

hi. i bought a sunsun powerhead jp-025 to create more surface agitation in my 300 litre tank. it does 1600l/h. its doing the job just great but my fish seem to want stay at the other end of the tank away from the water flow. is this just because it is new and something they will adapt to in time or is this powerhead too strong?
thanks

What fish do you have? Generally, fish whose natural habitats are rivers and streams prefer stronger currents in the tanks. In fact, I'm pondering adding a powerhead to better mimic river currents for my Denison Barbs.

I would think your fish will adapt to it and even start swimming against it. Members mentioned how air-stones first perplexed their fish but now play with the bubbles ... so just give it time.

i have 4 silver dollars, 5 panda corys, 2 bolivian rams and 2 angel fish. i know angels arent to keen on current but ive tried to put the powerhead quite high so it doesn't affect them constantly

Back
Top Bottom