Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t57spikes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any experiences with a powerhead to create tank current? Whats the best brand? any concerns i need to know?

Hydor koralia would be my personal choice of powerhead. Affordable and reliable. Theres nothing really specific to worry about with powerheads that you wouldn't encounter with a hob.

Hydor koralia would be my personal choice of powerhead. Affordable and reliable. Theres nothing really specific to worry about with powerheads that you wouldn't encounter with a hob.

Agreed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have small fish and turn the powerhead off male sure the outlet has small spaces.
I've found my fully grown bristlenose hiding inside mine after leaving it off overnight. Lucky guy he was.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have small fish and turn the powerhead off male sure the outlet has small spaces.
I've found my fully grown bristlenose hiding inside mine after leaving it off overnight. Lucky guy he was.

Do you have to turn it off at night or can it run 24/7?

You can leave them on 24/7..they shouldn't bother the fish too much or its most likely too.much flow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My fish are more active with one running.

I have an Aquaclear, I like the different ways I can adjust the flow, aeration, and direction of the spray.

But ... Both an Oto and a snail got their heads stuck in the intake before I covered it with a strip of pantyhose.

And I turned off the aeration because I didn't like the water having so many bubbles it got cloudy.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I think I will turn it off at night to settle the fish down and let them rest and turn it on during the day

I turn mine off at feeding time and water changes. I've plenty of dead spots in wood and rocks for fish to sleep though.

Back
Top Bottom