Prawn Cocktail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balbright1993

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my friend who was getting rid of his aquarium just gave me his paradise fish. He is very beautiful and has been in the tank for about an hour. I have just remembered that i put 3 amano shrimp in there, will he eat them?

They LOVE to hunt for things like snails of all kinds and he very well may bite at them, injure and kill them!!!

I adopted one for awhile and he ate maybe 100 snails in just a month. When reading about them, they can vary greatly on how friendly they are with other fish, similar to how a Betta can be.

He has been in the tank for about a week now and he has shown no sign of aggression at all!! Even the pest snail population hasnt declined, maybe a female??

Maybe never ate one yet!!! All I know is I found so many empty shells and thought somehow I was killing them.

I got a new batch from a friend and then I actually saw him stalking one in a plant and then bam, he fired in and got him. Then started looking up others accounts of them eating snails, and found they are a favorite food for that type of fish. Over time he took out sooo many.

Maybe she likes the taste of the fish food better.

Back
Top Bottom