Predator Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NICE! Glad I could expose you to them.
Unfortunately, finding them can be quite a task. But it is well worth it.
I have kept many fish over the years, and these guys are by far my favorite.
I have videos of my other two exodon tanks on there too. If you get a chance, check them out.

Youtube.com

If you watch the video I posted earlier, at the end, it should have links for related videos. I have a couple more in there. (user name: bitteraspects)

Lol, so does anyone actually know what the punishment for Dwarf Channa ownership is in Pennsylvania?

Pick up a 40g breeder and that would increase your stocking options.

A Butis butis is cool predator that only gets to about 5" or so, you could keep him in a 30g. I'm looking for a larger specimen to add to my red wolf / bichir tank.

Actually, MudFrog, I watched your feeding video on youtube from that tank, and that is why I want a predator tank, Is there any way you can show me a picture of a Butis Butis, I don't buy it that they are that cute and a predator. Atleast from the pictures I have seen

Pick up a 40g breeder and that would increase your stocking options.

A Butis butis is cool predator that only gets to about 5" or so, you could keep him in a 30g. I'm looking for a larger specimen to add to my red wolf / bichir tank.

I thought budis budis should be in a brackish tank?

Lol, I am not sure...I was actually considering a Brackish tank but I dont know the specs on one

Actually, MudFrog, I watched your feeding video on youtube from that tank, and that is why I want a predator tank, Is there any way you can show me a picture of a Butis Butis, I don't buy it that they are that cute and a predator. Atleast from the pictures I have seen

These guys are not real cute, but they are very fun. Here is some info on them.

How to keep your new crazy fish, Butis butis, with pictures

I thought budis budis should be in a brackish tank?

Butis butis, not Budis Budis.. The Butis butis is known as "The crazy fish". They do prefer brackish but I have heard of several people adapting them to freshwater with no long term issues.

Lol, I am not sure...I was actually considering a Brackish tank but I dont know the specs on one

I kept a brackish tank for 3 years, they are definitely more work but there are some great oddballs available. Violet Gobies being the first fish to pop in my mind. They however are not predatory. But if your looking for a fish that will peek the interest of your friends and family, this is the one.

img_1038755_0_180be9ee60219016e190944acd48d859.jpg

Marbled Gobies are predatory, it's a toss up between brackish and fw for them, I've kept them in both. Like most preds they are nocturnal so don't expect to see them to often. They get very very large though.. 20" plus and can eat a fish 3/4 of their size so keep that in mind.

A toad fish is very cute (to me at least) and they are brackish.. Very predatory as well.

img_1038755_1_06ea6ef0fc747179c70b95c5e40d7cd2.jpg

But.. all that being said.. go with a Red wolf.. they are truly an awesome fish. I've owned a LOT of preds in the past 15 years of fish keeping and wolves are by far my favorite.

Thanks for the reply, in that case i might just have to make my predetor tank soon. I am making my tank at the moment with angels/fire eel/african butterflys/festivum/some sort of knife fish and catfish. Why i told you that i have no clue but i did. Eventually i would like to have a tank with all sorts of predetors. Especially with red wolf fish and bichirs. But i can not find much info on red wolf fish.

Thanks for the reply, in that case i might just have to make my predetor tank soon. I am making my tank at the moment with angels/fire eel/african butterflys/festivum/some sort of knife fish and catfish. Why i told you that i have no clue but i did. Eventually i would like to have a tank with all sorts of predetors. Especially with red wolf fish and bichirs. But i can not find much info on red wolf fish.

What info do you need on the Red wolves? Just keep in mind how large fire eels get.. They usually get to 14"+ in their first year.

Back
Top Bottom