Predatory 90 gallon freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monster tamer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My situation is that I have a new 90 gal aquarium no idea how start to make it a predatory tank so all I need is a fish list. Ps may go with Gar

90 is to small for a gar, any of them. As far as P's. you could house 3-4 of them for life. Or one rhom for at least a while. After a foot long they could use a 6' tank.

As above, no gars in a 90G.

Esox americanus americanus, Esox vermiculatus, or Ctenolucius Hujeta would be my top 3 choices for a predatory fish in that sized tank.

For the bottom strata of the tank, I have always been partial to the Polypterus species. A very striking species (if you can find one with more distinct bars) is Polypterus Delhezi.

Haha ya some I wouldnt really consider monsters.The betta was my fav and the giant danio to.

Some of my top choices would be, barred Midas, RTM, jaguar cichlid, polys, exo/Columbia tetras, gulper cat, elongated piranha, black rhom, small rbp shoal, red wolf fish.

These are some of my favorite predatory fish. To name a few.

The gulper catfish and Frogmouth catfish were my 2 fav on the list never kept either one but I am really thinking about setting up a tank for a gulper.Although I have never seen on for sale before I have read they can be pretty expensive but think it would be totally worth it for such a cool fish.

The gulper catfish and Frogmouth catfish were my 2 fav on the list never kept either one but I am really thinking about setting up a tank for a gulper.Although I have never seen on for sale before I have read they can be pretty expensive but think it would be totally worth it for such a cool fish.

They are very expensive. Cheapest I've seen them go for was $125. I too had aspirations of keeping it. Such an awesome fish :)

Back
Top Bottom