Preferences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

codygregg

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking to get a couple shrimp or snails in my 25gal tank. But I can't decide what. Is one better than the other or does anyone have a preference? Any help would be much appreciated!

I have ghost shrimp and snails in my tank. What kind of tank do u have? What fish are currently in it?

Many fish will eat certain (or all) shrimp. What fish are in your tank right now? I'd hate to suggest something and then hear it was eaten. lol

I have 1 blue gourami, 5 rainbowfish, and 3 emerald Cory's (and getting 2 more this week) ... Maybe I shouldn't have any at all, I just thought they would be cool.

I have 1 blue gourami, 5 rainbowfish, and 3 emerald Cory's (and getting 2 more this week) ... Maybe I shouldn't have any at all, I just thought they would be cool.

Unless you get larger shrimp like adult Amano's and or Bamboo shrimp, with Gourami and Rainbows, with most other dwarf shrimp it would be a feeding frenzy. However, with plenty of plants, DW and rocks for cover, you may be able to have a small colony of RCS ... maybe ... no guarantees.

Well my tank has wood and plants in it. I think I'll try it. The worst thing that will happen is my gourami gets a nice snack :)

Lol yeah I have both. But they will eventually most likely be eaten. Which, I'm sorry to say, was the reason I purchased them. For a snack for my fish. But I know their are many small schooling fish that can be mixed with them and I'm sure more options. But here are some of mine for now.... Lol

image-41334728.jpg

image-1523126433.jpg

image-912945859.jpg

jcolon said:
Unless you get larger shrimp like adult Amano's and or Bamboo shrimp, with Gourami and Rainbows, with most other dwarf shrimp it would be a feeding frenzy. However, with plenty of plants, DW and rocks for cover, you may be able to have a small colony of RCS ... maybe ... no guarantees.

I had a 55 gallon tank with a pair of bamboo shrimp and some ghosts along with rainbows. It worked out well for me too. The ghosts were just feeders but some survived. The bamboo shrimp took a bit of feeding but I had them for around two years.

Back
Top Bottom