Pregnant betta fish????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovebettafish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am new to the forum so hopefully, I am posting this in the correct area! Thanks for your understanding. I have two betta fish one male and one female. They are in separate tanks but right next to each other. Based off of my limited research, I believe that they have begun a courtship. My female betta looks pregnant and the male has started to make the bubble nest. I really don't want to deal with baby bettas, but I also don't want my bettas to become irritated or upset about not being able to mate. Any suggestions on what I should do or how this will affect my bettas if I do not allow them to breed?

Bettas don't get pregnant, they lay eggs. Sounds like she's getting full of eggs. As long you keep tgem separate you don't have to worry about any babies :) just keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't get eggbound, as that could actually kill her

Are they in the same tank with a divider? Or two tanks side by side. Just make it so they can't see each other.

Back
Top Bottom