Pregnant..... Crossbreed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PleaseHelp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello person reading this thread. My long fin leopard danio is pregnant ( I'm positive it's female and pregnant, bellies don't bulge 5 days straight.) There are no other long fin leopard danios in the tank, but there are zebra danios, which are related. Will this make a crossbreed or something similar? Do i get a mini breeder to put in the tank? How long will she be pregnant?

First of all, leopard danios can crossbreed with other zebra danios because leopard danios are simply a different color variation of the zebras. But danios do not get "pregnant," they scatter eggs. So if you want to keep the babies you should probably take some steps to ensure the eggs don't get eaten.

Like he said, she's not pregnant she's gravid.

Probably nothing will come of it. They lay eggs, which may or may not get fertilized, and will most likely get eaten.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

For those of you who already posted, leopard danios are a colour variation of zebra danios, but there also is a true species of leopard danio.

But PleaseHelp I'm gonna say you have the colour variation.

The best method for breeding egg scattering fish, is to either use marbles as a substrate so the egg fall in between where they are safe from the adults or use a mesh just small enough that the adults can't get through and attach it about a half inch over the bottom. In either case the adults will need to be removed after spawning.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom