Pregnant ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kawaipoon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

Currently have a pregnant ghost shrimp in my 45G tank. How would i deal with this?

Ghost shrimp will have the baby's but they are very very hard to keep alive! They are very different from other shrimp the fry are not in the form of mini shrimp when they are born. They don't have legs or any other shrimp parts until they are a few days old.
Very hard to raise baby ghost shrimp!!!

Yes I have heard that the baby's have a better chance of survival in brackish water.
Ghost shrimp fry are not impossible to raise but many other types of shrimp are easier to breed!

I have rasied ghost shrimp fry till they were a few months old but then were eaten by other fish :( anyway all i did was put them in a seperate net in the water which was a decent size, then i put the preggo ghost shrimp in there until all of the eggs were gone and took him out so he wouldnt eat them! It was pretty easy, but it takes forever for them to be big enough to not get eaten by other fish! You must be patient

If you what to breed shrimp almost all of the other frequently found shrimp are easier to breed.

Back
Top Bottom