Pregnant guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 1 pregnant and 1 not in a seperate tank. Is that ok or should I just have the pregnant? Do I still need plants if I have separated the females?

The other female is also pregnant you just can't really see it yet. With her being with 6 males even for 2 days she is pregnant. How long have you had them?

Almost my ammonia level is super high :( Could that be caused by the plant I added about 3 hours ago, the hormones or the brine shrimp I gave them to feed? I did a 50% water change and still no different

Almost my ammonia level is super high :( Could that be caused by the plant I added about 3 hours ago or the hormones?

No that is from the tank cycling.. ammonia can kill fish. The levels will be out of wack for a month. The babies won't live through a cycle imo. I would get them into the main tank as soon as possible... i would also leave the tank you have set up now, and let it cycle. I would leave this batch of babies in the main tank but next time around (when the tanks done cycling) then you can place the female in there and get her to have the babies in there

How long till the other one do you think?

I would say any day to about a week maybe? I would give the other bigger female only a few days. She is bigger meaning she is closer to having them or she is holding a lot more babies

But the ph, nitrite and nitrate are perfect. Im using I filter that I had on another tank for 2 months or more

I am not the best on cycling tanks... if you are changing the water though and ammonia isn't changing, it could be that the filter is really dirty or that it is cycling. It might be doing a miny cycle. Once the ammonia is high then the other levels will increase then ammonia go down and bit or something.. i am not sure on that

The filter wad dirty. I just gave it a good clean. If it doesnt go down should I put the 2 females in a breeding box to protect them from the males?

Yes that is a good idea but then again that will really stress them out. Can you re home the male guppies today?

I can only put the males into the tank where the females are at the moment

Then try that. Put both females into the main and the 6 males into the quarantine tank. You risk lossing those 6 if they are a bit weak if it is infact a cycle going on. Better then the females i would say though

Have you ever had your guppies poop white? Mine are and i am trying to fix it right now. Someone said soak the food in garlic so i am doing that right now.. my house smells like garlic now.. big time! Haha

Back
Top Bottom