Pregnant or bloat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is a lemon bristlenose pleco. I've had it for roughly 4 months. I do hear some fish can store sperm for upwards to 6 months.
I can't figure out how to add a video, but here is a picture. Note- i see her stomach moving in multiple different areas as if something was wiggling inside. Please help me guys! She was expensive and I don't want to lose her. Thanks! 1477491086535.jpg1477491098485.jpg

Attachments

• 1477491096615.jpg
    1477491096615.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 126
Plecos are external fertilizers so i can state she is not pregnant.

Could the wiggling be muscles or swim bladder?
Are there any other symptoms?

No other symptoms, shes eating and swimming as normal. I've never seen anything like this on a pleco before, the whole black mass raises her skin in small sections. They're always mowing. It's kinda hard to explain. Any ideas on how to upload a video? Maybe parasites?

Could it be constipated?

I've never seen a huge black mass like this before on a pleco.

I dont think so, I did a water change 2 days ago, and I see he has gone since then.
20g long
5 corys
2 Amano shrimp
I will try to give him a pea today and see if that clears stuff up.
If he is, could it possibly from the Amano's shed shell?

Hi, I have 2 super red bristles and they often get bellys like that after eating. It always disappears after they've had veg.

Thank you shelly! That makes me feel much better, i was starting to think parasites. I felt the headache coming on lol. Veg of choice?

Back
Top Bottom