Pregnant Swordtail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can easily see wich ones are pregnant and you'll always lose the fry cuz they give birth without you knowing I prefer to breed myself

If you have enough coverage for the fry you will not loose as many a you think and the ones that do get eaten are most likely the ones you need to cull anyways unless you sell unfit fish...

Another question - iv just set up a fry tank it just has a glass lid, how do i sort lighting for this... my community tank has the light built in the lid so im very lost with this one

Well there's an obvious answer buy a new lid and a not so obvious answer and that's just putting a hanging lamp over the tank( by the way just got some swords myself)

If you have a light that sits on the aquarium it will work fine sitting on the glass lid as long as its not getting wet and not melting the glass. You could also just hang a fluorescent light over the tank also. Or get something like the dymax robot led light. It just clips on to the tank

Back
Top Bottom