Prego guppy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman3

Aquarium Advice Freak
i HAVE A PREGNANT GUPPY.and should I move it into a tank of it's own or keep it in the community tanks

That really all depends. Are you trying to ensure all fry survival? What are the other tank mates? I would personally let her drop them in the tank she is in to avoid her stress aborting, and then net out the fry and move them to a breeder box, or to a tank with water from the tank they were born in to grow out a bit until they are big enough not to be eaten. But really it is up to you as to what you want to do. Some people move the mother to breeder boxes and let them drop the fry there and some put them in seperate tanks. I just don't like to stress the prego mother since sometimes that causes fry loss. Good luck with whatever you decide though.

I don't think so...I could be wrong, but my plecos never touch any fry. Granted they are BNs, so they are more like 5 inches, but they don't mess with anything that isn't at least in part veggie.

Back
Top Bottom