Preschool 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
What would be good to put in it? They learned I had a few tanks and have been asking me. Crap. Haha!

how hardy are they? i have a feeling they need to be able to put up with some inexperienced handlers. Although my son knows all about vacuuming tanks! haha!

ok. I'll try them out. maybe I'll get their tank up and running first. I don't think they know much about fish so they might have bought the fish and just thrown them in.

What about a Betta and shrimp? That is what is in my girls room. I was looking for Red Cherry Shrimp, but ended up with Ghost Shrimp. They are cool cause you can see their insides. You can see their food. I am hoping for babies, but I have not seen any yet. And the Betta loves me, cause I feed him. He come over and plays with me.

Sarasein said:
What about a Betta and shrimp? That is what is in my girls room. I was looking for Red Cherry Shrimp, but ended up with Ghost Shrimp. They are cool cause you can see their insides. You can see their food. I am hoping for babies, but I have not seen any yet. And the Betta loves me, cause I feed him. He come over and plays with me.

Sometimes you need brackish water conditions for ghost shrimp to reproduce...

A betta would be a very pretty fish to keep. But maybe a few live bearers would be better. They tend to be more active, which I'm sure the kiddies would be all about. Maybe 3 platys? They are pretty hardy. Guppies are hardy too if you go that route.

I just want something that will make it for a while. They have a 10 gal with a power filter and had a HUGE fancy goldfish in it. The thing probably needed a 60gal to be happy! But I didn't say anything and the kids liked it. I noticed once that it was not the same fish, but didn't say anything till I went up one day and there was no fish. So we shall see.

Oooohhhh Maybe some mickey mouse platys. How are those on the hardy list?

Back
Top Bottom