pretty chocolate gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettyvacant

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at Big Al's yesterday buying some endler's, when I noticed a tank of chocolate gouramis. They were so small and cute!! Right away, I wanted to own some ( I am hoping to get another tank..LOL). So I came home and looked for a bit of information on them. I read that they are pretty difficult to keep and to get them if you are experienced and want a challenge. Thats too bad, since I think they are beautiful fish and would like to have some of my own. Does anyone here have any experience with these fish? I looked in the gallery here and only found 2 people with them. So are they really that hard to keep?

Thanx

duh! I go to that site all the time when I am researching fish. It is great for sme quick stats... Hmmm... sounds like an awesome fish.

IMO, gouramis in general are not hard to keep as long as you give them floating and planted plants (real or fake), and lots of decorations to make territories. I have never kept a chocolate gourami, so I can't tell you the care level for them specifically.

I've read from many websites saying they are difficult to take care of and are very sensitive to even small changes in the water. Such as if pH isn't constant, nitrates go too high, etc.

yes, i know they are hard to take care of , this is why im asking if anyone here has kept them, to see if its really all true.

I haven't kept them, but now I am interested in doing so... If only my fish were much calmer in my 55 gallon... Uhg!! I'm going to have to buy ANOTHER tank!!!! :roll:

rubysoho said:
I haven't kept them, but now I am interested in doing so... If only my fish were much calmer in my 55 gallon... Uhg!! I'm going to have to buy ANOTHER tank!!!! :roll:
Heh, come on you know you want another tank! Especially with some of those little chocolate gouramis. :)

ok then i guess no one owns any... but i did see some in the gallery... 2 people with them... hmm :( i want some LOL I have actually been thinking of getting a 20 gal for my room... but these chocolate gouramis seem expensive...and hard to take care of.

aww

Back
Top Bottom