Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-09-2005, 01:51 AM   #1

Price for albino bristlenose pleco

I just found some at one of the LFS here and they sell them for 8.99 each... is this to much to pay? And should i pick a smaller over a larger one? They are all the same price. And this is going to go in my 10 gallon tank.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:37 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to megladonsharky Send a message via MSN to megladonsharky Send a message via Yahoo to megladonsharky
around here albino are 10.99-15.99....

I would get the middle of the bunch with the fattest tummy

3-4 gallon with 80gph ... Planted lightly three white clouds ( Birtha Clara and Delila) and some snails (mainly melodys snacks)

9 gallon with 130gph , heated with male betta (Trafalger RIP)Kaden ( a male betta)has moved in, pygmy cory (MaMa) , pitbull pleco(Metal), three preacox rainbows( Annabel, Glitter and Mondo) and various snails...
megladonsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Lance M.
the price for albino longfinned bristlenose plecos here is $38 each.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:11 PM   #4

$38 8O wow... but these aren't the long finned ones. So i guess 8.99 is a decent price... thanks!!!
Also.. how hardy are these fish? Yes my water quality is pristine and i keep up with water changes, you all know this, but im just wondering. thanks.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
@__@ we have one of those at school lol he hasn't died yet though I don't know how long he's been there but he's been there since september...probably from last year because we just don't randomly get new fish over the summer. X.x dang that thing is freaky lookin lol Luigi is a weird funny fish.....
Old 12-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

To answer the question regarding hardiness, IME with both juvi's (of which I currently have 4) and adults (of which I currently have two), they are definitely in favor of excellent water conditions, especially ph.

Their diet really requires veggie matter, more so than other plec's. In addition to algae disks, broccoli stems (save the rosettes for yourself), zucchini, etc. are readily accepted. Don't forget driftwood. They love rasping on it.

BTW - ABN's go for @ $30.00 around these parts and are hard to come by.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
To answer the question regarding hardiness, IME with both juvi's (of which I currently have 4) and adults (of which I currently have two), they are definitely in favor of excellent water conditions, especially ph.

Their diet really requires veggie matter, more so than other plec's. In addition to algae disks, broccoli stems (save the rosettes for yourself), zucchini, etc. are readily accepted. Don't forget driftwood. They love rasping on it.

BTW - ABN's go for @ $30.00 around these parts and are hard to come by.
you know i feed my pleco's good JC I can't resist putting veggies in for Bob.. thats why hes getting so huge!!! I have driftwood in my 10 gallon and the pH is about 7.2-7.4 in that tank.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:37 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

$8.99 ? I was looking at one last week & it was $35 up here .... must be the shipping costs!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
you know i feed my pleco's good JC Wink I can't resist putting veggies in for Bob.. thats why hes getting so huge!!! I have driftwood in my 10 gallon and the pH is about 7.2-7.4 in that tank.
Yeah, I know you are fastidious about feeding Bob...just wanted to answer your question about hardiness.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:03 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to SeanMurphy
I think I got a dumb pleco. He cleans algae off all my terracotta and glass ornamentation, off the tank, and old food off the bottom, but he refuses to pay attention to the algae disks and whatnot I put in the tank for him. He'll swim right over the disks, around them, under them.. but he won't touch them. In the end, 45 minutes later or so, i'll catch the platys pecking at it until its gone, but he never seems to touch it.

Tags
albino, bristlenose, pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com