Pricing questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that really depends.. on a good day (or a great sale) you can get smaller tanks for about $1 a gallon. I would try to find them near that price and less then $2 a gallon..

...What does that have to do with the price of the tank itself?

Edit: This post was directed at the first reply

Ah, alright then. Thought it might have been some weird thing I didn't know about fish tanks, there certainly doesn't seem to be an end in sight for things I didn't know before. :p

I'd have to agree with greenmagi's $1 a gallon. My 20g long, 29g, and 55g were all about that. Sometimes you can find a tank for cheaper but all the stores I looked at for a 55g it was around $50. Since there isn't much price difference anywhere I've bought the rest of my tanks from the same place.

I paid @ $1.10 per gal for my 30 and got my 75 gal for .95 cents a gallon. I guess it was due to my being a repeat customer. The actual price was about $1.75 a gallon.

also, it depends on if you get an all inclusive kit that includes Hood, lights, stand, filter.. etc. If you just buy a tank, of course it would be cheeper, but you still have to buy all the accessories. I for one prefer to buy the accessories separate because you can get better stuff.

I also like to buy everything seperately, my question is tank-only. Not big on kits/starter packs, in anything. Fish, guitar, etc. :p Just don't like the packs.

Back
Top Bottom