Prime gives false readings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When using Prime, is it best to test my water 48 hrs. after a water change? I've always heard/read that Prime gives a false reading and it is to best to test my water 48 hrs. after using it. Is this true?

When using Prime, is it best to test my water 48 hrs. after a water change? I've always heard/read that Prime gives a false reading and it is to best to test my water 48 hrs. after using it. Is this true?
If you're concerned about false readings you could test immediately before, and a few hours after, dosing the Prime.

Prime is by far the best water conditioner on the market, how long have you had your tank setup

Prime does not give false readings, as prime has no test, is either bad water quality, hobbyist error, or a bad test kit prime doesn't get "read"

Also you're using a python to do water changes, which is totally different than how one does it manually, prime is NOT what's causing your issues unless you're not using it correctly, my opinion is this either you're over cleaning the tank, over doing water changes, not letting the water gas off when you put it back in the tank or not treating the water correctly when you do your water changes... or all of the above. I've been using prime for 3 years and have not one time had an issue. Do you add the prime when you're refilling? Are you dosing your whole tank as you're supposed to with a python water siphon? Are you keeping the vac above the water while refilling so the water can gas off?

Back
Top Bottom