Prime Odor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
Everyone says that Prime smells like sulphur. I bought a bottle and this morning I did pwc and used Prime for the second time. It has no odor at all. Makes me wonder if I there is something wrong with it. I used it last week and all my fish are alive and well so I just don't know. Anyone ever used Prime that had no odor. Gee maybe its my nose.

:dance::dance:

It definitely reeks! Sulfer odor in the little cup is very strong, but once it's added to the tank its fine! The bottle even says sulfer odor can be detected.

It definitely reeks! Sulfer odor in the little cup is very strong, but once it's added to the tank its fine! The bottle even says sulfer odor can be detected.

I shook the bottle really well, opened it and smelled it in the bottle - no smell. Maybe it will start to smell. Who knows.

It has Sulfur in it so yes... It will smell, if your not smelling I'd be concerned about either your Prime or your nose lol. It stinks!

I think it has to dry to get really stinky. Like the residue around the cap. Give it a few times of using it. It will start stinking lol! Funny thread!

Scouser said:
I can't smell it either, but I've never been able to smell sulphur, even in science class :S
Lucky you! First time i smelt it in science, I almost got knocked out. I forgot to waft it to...

I read the label and sniffed mine, no smell? But past couple days its pretty nasty. So I'm in the same boat, had no smell at first, but about the 5-6 time I used it I noticed the smell.

Sounds like I can expect it to start to smell in 2 or 3 more pwc. Something to really look forward to and I can hardly wait. Don't think I'll sniff the bottle anymore. LOL At least now I feel pretty sure there is nothing wrong with mine.

Scouser said:
I mean if there is a toxic amount in the vicinity lol :(

Not being able to smell that wouldn't be good. Isn't carbon monoxide the silent killer? I guess there two things for you...

Back
Top Bottom