Prime question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I never really paid attention to the texture and smell of it. today I notice that is smells bad and I notice black grains, size like salt or smaller is this normal?

Yup, perfectly natural. Prime starts to really stink after a while. I started noticing the black grains in there also with our most current bottle.

you guys ever smelled Kents Ammonia Detox..god that stuff will gag ya to death

Try the smell that comes from the collection cup of a protien skimmer ... not that stuff could gag a maggot

The two topics were merged.

I always wondered about Prime. I know everyone says it's a great product, and I don't doubt that. I like all of the Seachem products I have used. I would like to try it, but if everyone else says it smells bad, then I'm not sure if I should - I have a verrry sensitive sense of smell!

It's really not that bad, unless you are sniffing the bottle, lol. And once in the tank, it doesn't make the tank smell. I've tried other dechlors, and some are even worse. :)

It smells mildly like sulphur.. or rotten eggs.. but the smell isn't that strong unless you splash a bit on your nose.. (yeah, I'm cruel I did that to my daughter :))

it just smells a bit like sulfur but doesn't make the tank smell. ITs great stuff.. i love it.

It doesn't make the tank smell, but when I do a water change and open the bottle, phew!! My husband walked into the bathroom after I did a wc in there and he said it smelled like skunk. It really stinks. But I have ammonia in my tap water, so I really like it.

Back
Top Bottom