problem solving..thx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shsean

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi i would like to know if it is okay for me to add a koi angelfish with my others fishes like silver angelfish,black ghost knife,catfish and congo tetra? on the other i keep noticing that my cousin's gourami keep on chasing his swordtail fish.can i know how to avoid this to happen again? i am afraid that it miht resulting in the death of the fish as initially one of his guppy were found death after being chased by the dwarf gourami..

my tank..emm i am Not very sure but i am using a medium size aquarium so i think around 20-30gallons..do u think it is alright??

What are the measurements of the tank? We will be able to give you the volume.

Two angels in a twenty would really be pushing it. How many tetras do you have? What kind of and how many catfish? That BGK will get well over a foot long. He is not a good choice for a smaller aquarium.

well Now i hv two featherfin catfish, 1 congo tetra,1 BGK,1 angelfish-koi and 1 silver angelfish.( initially i kept livebearers but i found that they cant live long in the aquarium and will died after one or two months :(

OH my tank measurement? the height is around 0.7m,width 0.5m and lenght is 0.6m...

about the rouge gourami in your cousins tank, there's nothing one can do about a certain fish's personality. but the swordfish would be able to run and hide better than the guppy, thus decreasing its chance of getting poked at. however, you might try adding some cover, like some rocks, or some driftwood, or some fake/live plants. if the gourami can stake out a territory, it'll defend it, and might leave the others be.

I get about 55 gallons that is a good sized tank. The fish you have should be ok in there. eventually the BGK will out grow it. The tetras prefer to be in groups of 6.

Good Luck.

Thanks for all of ur replies..Is there any simple way to keep the fish to live longer?

Back
Top Bottom