Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Problem's with 5gallon tank

I have a 5 gallon tank where used to live a male beta and i had to put a2,5 inch pleco in, because he had problems with a senegal bichir in another tank...i put him in the small tank to grow up a little....this morning i found the betta on the carpet he had jumped out of the tank ( the tank was covered, it has only 1cm space where the fish could have jumped off). i think the pleco is trying to jump too....maybe something is not going well with the water...i did change the water 5 days ago,and i did it this morning too... i had a cucumber for the pleco for two days in the tank...may that have polluted the water??? what should i do, i dont have ammonia tests and petshops are closed for 2 days...

Old 01-03-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Start changing water. Plecos are poop factories and you've probably overloaded the biofilter a bit. 50% daily until you can test will likely be enough to keep any toxins at acceptable levels. Sucks to lose a fish but these things happen.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
gallon, problem, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com