problems with cycling my 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. Limpet said:
IMO you're cycled. 10g is pretty small, so between the plant (high growth rate), nutrifying bacteria and the questionable brown scale of the n03 test, chances are its not absolute 0, but maybe 5 -7ppm which sounds right to me.

Agreed. If ammo and no2 suddenly dropped to 0 that means cycle complete (good job!). I'd also agree and attribute the no3 drop to the plant and the (less than) pinpoint accuracy of the API test.

awesome ill recheck the levels when i get home to make sure :) yes!!!! now i can do a fishless cycle in my 5 and 29 gallon tanks!

does it NEED Co2 to carpet or can i just dose with excel? is 20 watts gonna be enough or will i need more watts and whats a good fixture if i need more watts? i definently dont wanna do Co2 yet.

does it NEED Co2 to carpet or can i just dose with excel? is 20 watts gonna be enough or will i need more watts and whats a good fixture if i need more watts? i definently dont wanna do Co2 yet.

Check with rookie or fort, but to grow a carpet I think you'll need co2 and ferts galore and 20w is more than enough for a 10g IMO.

ok so im cycled nitrates were at 5.0 ammo was at around 25-.50 but i read from mr.limpet that seachem prime can make it look like you have ammo bc it changes the chloramine into amonium or whatever. im happy!!

Back
Top Bottom