Products to heal fish faster??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
I'm curious if others have found treatments which aim to promote faster fin/scale healing or synthetic slime coating are successful?

I use API stress coat for example which seems to have been some help. However I take on board other comments that question how useful products like Aloe Vera can actually be?

Welcome to API Fishcare: Stress Coat®

I just ordered some seachem paragaurd or something like that, I was searching through amazon, I think it will fix the little guys up but not harm everything in the tank.

Water changes are the best thing for healing fish. If you have a fish that has damages scales or fins the best thing to do is daily of every other day changes. Fresh, clean, prestine water will be better then any so called medicine.

Water changes are the best thing for healing fish. If you have a fish that has damages scales or fins the best thing to do is daily of every other day changes. Fresh, clean, prestine water will be better then any so called medicine.

Thanks for the reply. I have to inquire what you base that off though. Just curious, much appreciated.

Experience. When I first started I always wanted to get things that I thought would make my fish super fish and never die. I thought all these slim coat enhancers and garlic products ect ect that claim to do all these things would be the best way. But then I realized that good filtration and a strict schedule of large water changes made them more healthy and vibriant then any of the products did. I shouldnt have said medecine because If you have a parasite or fungus that is attacking the fish then a medecine is fine. But for all purpose use isnt going to do much.

Back
Top Bottom