Progress report on my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

equinecpa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have seemingly continuously posted about the problems I have been having with my 30 g tank and algae. I finally ditched the 100W MH before Christmas, and ordered 2 x 28w PC's. I sold the MH and still haven't received the PC's so just stuck the original 15w fluorescent strip over the tank for the holidays.

I went away on vacation and came back to guess what....crystal clear water! Yeah! The plants actually look better now the algae is gone (they're mostly low light plants anyhow). My sword looks like it needs a boost which hopefully it'll get when my PC's come in (supposedly tomorrow). I also bought some flourish tabs to stick around it's roots. I hope upping the lighting doesn't bring back the algae. It's so nice to have a clean tank again.

I need a recommendation for a low light plant (2 watts per gallon, tall tank) that grows tall for a background plant? Preferably something easy?

Hopefully in the not to far off future I can post some pics of a nice planted tank...

Carolyn

:D I'd really like to see some pics. Giant Val, water sprite, hygro and elodea should grow very tall in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom