Progressions to My 5 Gallon: Run-off from "Micro fish for a 5 Gallon?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FreshObsessed said:
Actually looking for less active fish for my 5G, I don't want any one to be cramped.

Scarlet Badis are Slow deliberate hunters. I was searching my whole tank for mine. Looking all over the bottom and looked up and realized he was at the top of the tank, perfectly still watching me look for him ;)

Mine swims and stops and swims and stops. He'll sit very still and just look around. I love him.
This one prefers the top of the tank and lurks among the roots of my floating plants. He'll hunt the bottom as well. But he ranges the whole tank, just not fast.

Scarlet Badis are Slow deliberate hunters. I was searching my whole tank for mine. Looking all over the bottom and looked up and realized he was at the top of the tank, perfectly still watching me look for him ;)

Mine swims and stops and swims and stops. He'll sit very still and just look around. I love him.
This one prefers the top of the tank and lurks among the roots of my floating plants. He'll hunt the bottom as well. But he ranges the whole tank, just not fast.
Yeah, I really am looking into getting 1. What do you feed yours?

You people make me want a scarlet badis lol.

Thanks for the lesson, max. Good to know what those K's really mean.

(Usually when I think of something in numbers I think 1000 = 1k 1,000,000 = 1kk and so on)

FreshObsessed said:
Yeah, I really am looking into getting 1. What do you feed yours?

Mine eats crush flake and micro pellets, frozen BBS and I'm assuming RCS Shrimplets. He came to me already trained to eat processed food.

Always ask to see them eat before you buy. Some only eat live.

FreshObsessed said:
There is no point to make NO or LO lights for Aquatics.

Yes there is. NO or LO are usually cheaper and a lot of people who don't want plants or want the cheapest option buy them. Then there's people like me and you, who choose HO bulbs because they want plants.

maxwellag said:
Yes there is. NO or LO are usually cheaper and a lot of people who don't want plants or want the cheapest option buy them. Then there's people like me and you, who choose HO bulbs because they want plants.

Also in some situations HO bulbs are too much without added CO2 , so NO bulbs are a better low tech choice.

I guess it is whether you'd rather plant or not. Even if I didn't plant I would still want a brighter light though.

My tank is taking rather long to clear up after I added some more sand a few hours ago...:\

You people make me want a scarlet badis lol.

Thanks for the lesson, max. Good to know what those K's really mean.

(Usually when I think of something in numbers I think 1000 = 1k 1,000,000 = 1kk and so on)
You should get one, the Spec could house one. Easily.

I have kept every plant mentioned in this thread under NO lighting. 8w of t5ho is plenty over a 5. Just sayin'.

Please stay on theoriginal topic.

I have kept every plant mentioned in this thread under NO lighting. 8w of t5ho is plenty over a 5. Just sayin'.
That is what I thought. I am rather new to this though so I don't want to make assumptions.
What plants have you kept?

FreshObsessed said:
I guess it is whether you'd rather plant or not. Even if I didn't plant I would still want a brighter light though.

My tank is taking rather long to clear up after I added some more sand a few hours ago...:\

Took my tank close to a day to get crystal clear so if you rinsed it well I wouldn't sweat it

Please stay on theoriginal topic.
I thought we were on topic? I made this thread just for discussion on everything about a tank than it comes back into what/how I will use it on mine. We were talking about my lighting and then different lighting situations. It all makes is way back to my Nano. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom