proper filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure you would like to save money but I frequently see stands on Craigslist for sale, some I've seen for less than $100. I'd be a pain in the backside switching over but a thought.

Well if it turns out that you can't get the ok to drill the stand, fluval also makes some underwater in tank filters that work really well also. The draw back is they odviosly be alot more visable. Best of luck to ya, and nice looking tank by the way.

Thank you for the complement. I'm hoping for the ok to just drill a couple holes. That would just top of my tank even more

I know it may be difficult but finding proper filtration for the health of the tank is more important than aesthetics .. even if the canister has to sit beside the tank temporarily. Building a small cover for it would be pretty simple.

I'm actually buying a drill and some other stuff to do my canister filter. I may keep the hob on there and see how things go

In need of opinion. Did some research and found marineland
h.o.t. magnum canister filter. Rated at 250 gph. Its a canister filter also with a Bio wheel. Wat might be the pros/cons. Would they be much different than my emperor 400s. This filter runs around 80.00. But this way no cutting holes...

For those of u that have been helping me. Didn't feed any of my fish yesterday and it spiked again! I did a second pwc lastnight and woke up to another spike. I'm clueless never had this problem other than I started adding plant growth additives that's the only change I have made.

My tank water
Temp 84
Ph 6.4
Ammonia .25ppm
Nitrate 20ppm
Nitrite 1.0ppm

My tap water
Temp 76
Ph 7.6
Ammonia between. 25/.50ppm
Nitrite 1.0ppm
Nitrate 5.0ppm

I have gravel vacuumed each water change. I did have a bacterial bloom two weeks ago when I switched put fake coral rocks for driftwood. The water took about a week to clear up. So this week I lost one discus and gourami. And I'm having spikes 2-3 times a day even without feeding them. Only thing I have been adding is Kent pro plant to help growth. Right now I'm stupped on this issue

To treat the tank I have been using seachem prime, api stress coat, and kordon AmQuel plus ammonia detoxifier. Wat may be my problem. I actually have less fish than ever cuz I wanted it to be a planted discus community tank. So I'm not to sure wat is my huge problem and need help before my fish pay the price

Back
Top Bottom