puffer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they are acting more lively so i think i will hold on to them for now. the only reason i dont want to tak ethem back is because i feel sorry for the next guy to buy them who doesnt know anything about them, since they have no help from the lfs

i have NO experience with selling fish, especially shipping them..clueless..
i would try that if someone was willing to work with me and talk me step by step in sending fish

do you have any tips??

Fish are generally shipped bagged with water and oxygen (not air, but pure oxygen). For puffers it's a good idea to have three fish bags lined together so if one layer gets a poked hole, there'll still be two layers keeping the water in. The bags are then placed in a styro box. Need to make sure the bag cannot roll around in the box. A trick to this is filling empty fish bags with just air and surround the bags with the fish. Also for puffers...they should be bagged individually. Keep shipping cost in mind. More water means more weight, but you need enough water to cover the animal's dorsal fin. The oxygen is most important. In a bag with just air, survival time is only a couple hours. In a bag with pure oxygen, the animal would probably die of ammonia poisoning before running out of oxygen. The oxygen will last for days. Maybe your LFS can give you appropriate sized bags and if they have an oxygen tank, they can pack them for you :) It's not hard to do, so when you're ready, let us know and we'll help you out.

Back
Top Bottom