Puffers for a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20 to 30 seconds in the stuff will kill the fish???! wow, that makes me a bit more hesitant on getting either of the species. and btw, i knew what euthanize meant :wink:

It really is not as hard or scary as it sounds. It would be a shame if you let the fear of trimming teeth keep you away from this amazing fish and thier company.

20-30 secs will tranq the fish. It should take just s minute or so, to ckip their teeth & get them into a bowl of clean tank water to wake up. You can overdose fish with clove oil, by leaving them in too long, or using too much clove oil.

SAP-10g/adult (3")
Fahaka-125g, no tank mates! (18")

Thanks for that post! Clove oil huh? Sounds good to me!

How can I tell at a fish shop if I'm actually looking at a SAP? I know the stores can be wrong alot. What's the dead give away that I should look for?

It kind of looks like a bumblebee buzzing around the tank.
img_302330_0_0b7690af806c0ffb537da6d5081a02ca.jpg

will SA puffers pick on tankmates like most other puffers? i've heard that dwarf puffers are mini-floating spawns of saten,is this true? can dwarf puffers be kept with SAs? i'm guessing not since most puffers hate different kinds of puffers in the same tank.

I have one SAP in a 10 gallons tank. Lots of hiding spots and plants... He still picked on the 2 panda cories that I ve added in the tank couple of weeks ago. :twisted: I had to remove them (the cories) 24 hours after adding them since their fins were almost completely gone.

The cories now live happily with 5 DP and 3 ottos in a 20 g high tank (well planted)...

:D

I have one figure-eight in a 10 gallon tank and is doing fine with a knight goby. He is always hungry when I walk by his tank but I only feed him twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom