purple fresh water fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angel4335

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bit of a random question i know but are there any purple fresh water fish besides bettas?

There are purple passion danios and bolivian rams can be purple on parts of their bodies.

oo i love the purple acei, cant seem to find much information on them, there cichlids right? i dont know much about them but there usually mostly species only tanks right? I was mostly asking out of random curiosity, but the purple acei is definitely added to my someday wish list, but ive seen the glofish around.

Purple goldfish??? I want to see what they look like!! I can't find any images on google! Just looked up the purple acei........gorgeous!

jlk said:
Lets see if this link works.... if it doesnt, go to The Goldfish Connections site & check out their auction showroom. Fish #14 is a lavender ranchu. You can also check out their 'gallery' & theres probably a few other purple & lavender fish pics in there as well.

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_207_14.JPG

Wow. That fish is quite interesting looking! And only $350! ;) I had no idea goldfish could be that color!

Some kribs that r in spawning mode have a purplish lavender hue on their sides and abdomen.
Also my one male fulleborni is dark purple.

Looks like it had an allergic reaction to a bunch of bee stings.

yeah! lol i never liked those types of goldfish, or the ones with big balloon thingys, kinda freak me out a bit. Had no idea goldfish could go that color, ive only ever seen orange, yellow, white or black

Purple painted fish... Purple dyed fish.... Purple tattooed fish, they are some times hard to find, and are usually unhealthy

i was looking on liveaquaria for ideas on what FallenRedeemer's fish might be.. and i stumbled upon this..

p-89330-cichlid.jpg

Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Acei Cichlid Malawian African Cichlids

oh so very tempting!!! If only shipping wasnt soo much! and they have a min order of atleast $30 so the very least they would cost $60 doh! just cant bring myself to spend that much on fish, especially fish i cant actually see and pick out myself lol. I wonder if they ever have free shipping sales?

Back
Top Bottom