Purple Passion danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brimac41

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have seen some pictures of the Purple Passion Danio (my avatar pic) and I absolutely love these little guys . Has anyone had any experience with them and how hard is it to get your hands on them ?

I know I can order them from Pet Solutions web site , but I have not purchased fish through the mail and my LFS looked at me like I was on dope when I asked them if they could special order them for me . So , has anyone ever ordered fish from Pet Solutions ?

I dont know much about them only the regular zebras, but ive never seen them in or around my area. good luck and let us know what you find.

Hmmmm , I think I may order a school of them . I am only worried about fish coming through the mail . I am going to wait till I get my QT tank up and running again .

I always think of it this way... How does the LFS get them? Same way you and I would get them if we ordered them. I wouldn't hesitate with ordering fish online anymore. When I first started into the hobby I was a bit skeptic but now I wouldn't think twice about ordering livestock online.

I always think of it this way... How does the LFS get them? Same way you and I would get them if we ordered them. I wouldn't hesitate with ordering fish online anymore. When I first started into the hobby I was a bit skeptic but now I wouldn't think twice about ordering livestock online.

I am far from new to the hobby but I will still worry . Without the middleman , I have no idea what I am getting . I like to see not only the fish I am getting , but the entire stock the dealer has to offer . I may give it a try , but even if it works out and I get good livestock , I will still have reservations when trying it again . It's just how I am .

Brimac, ask your LFS if they can get them. Thats what I do all the time, if its on their stock list that is.

Interesting, I'm a few years into the hobby but ordering fish the same way I can order a pair of shoes just doesn't sit well with me, but you do make for an intersting point. I may think about it. I guess the whole shipping process and shipping cost leaves me skeptical.

Interesting, I'm a few years into the hobby but ordering fish the same way I can order a pair of shoes just doesn't sit well with me, but you do make for an intersting point. I may think about it. I guess the whole shipping process and shipping cost leaves me skeptical.

It does make sense with me also , but there is always that worry of what I get . Some disreputable pet store I have been to , I'll not use any names but it is a chain store , have tried to slip in deformed fish in a couple of batches of fish I have purchased from them and this is my worry . If I can see it , I can refuse it before I walk out of the store , if I can't then it is a gamble . I'm not saying this would happen from on-line sites , I'm just trying to find the ones with good track records .

Brimac, ask your LFS if they can get them. Thats what I do all the time, if its on their stock list that is.

Like I said in my first post , when I asked my LFS for Purple Passion Danios , they started looking for my crack pipe . They have know idea what they are or where to get them . I have only found one site so far that sells them . I guess I may bite the bullet and order from Pet Solutions .

the thing with common names is they are not always the same. one fish can have 10 different common names. ask if they can look if they can get Danio roseus. another common name for them is Rose Danio.

the thing with common names is they are not always the same. one fish can have 10 different common names. ask if they can look if they can get Danio roseus. another common name for them is Rose Danio.

I already wrote down every name I could find pertaining to this fish before I went in , the one above included , no dice . I'll just order them on line .

I now have my Purple Passion Danios . I have found a nice little LFS that I have never noticed in my town and he ordered them for me . What beautiful little fish , I am as happy a pig in you know what . They were pale at first but after a little while in my aquarium their colors came on strong and they look just like the one in my avatar .

sweet you will have to post some pics up. its not uncommon at all for them to be pale when coming in.

sweet you will have to post some pics up. its not uncommon at all for them to be pale when coming in.

As soon as I train them to sit and stay I will get some pictures .

Just kidding , I am waiting for my new Coralife lights to come in (dual light set-up) , I'll get some pictures and post them .

Back
Top Bottom