Purple Passion Danios > Infomation and a general what they are like :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,
So picked up some absolutly gorgeous PPD the other day and they are great. Still a bit skitish but hopefully over time that will fade. Just wondering if anyone has any experince with these guys. Also some back round info on them would be helpful too.
They are in a 25gal and hopefully they will have a few cories on the bottom and some sort of other fish.

Thanks Jason

From what I have read they are the same as any danio. Active, happier in large groups. They get about an inch and a half in size. I have nevi owned any, that is just what I have read about them.

I agree...very active and happy when they have other PPD to swim with. IME they are more peaceful then zebra danios (My zebras chase everyone just for fun while my PPD pretty much stick to their group.) Congrats on your new fish!

Jason7894561230 said:
Hey,
So picked up some absolutly gorgeous PPD the other day and they are great. Still a bit skitish but hopefully over time that will fade. Just wondering if anyone has any experince with these guys. Also some back round info on them would be helpful too.
They are in a 25gal and hopefully they will have a few cories on the bottom and some sort of other fish.

Thanks Jason

I have 5 and I love them Jason, really fast swimmers and super active, but really friendly. They like to play in the bubbles, or even with the current of the new water (when I'm adding water to the tank). Also be aware that I lost 1 because he jumped out of the tank!

They are active eaters and, due to their speed, they will get to the food first that most of any other fish in my tank. They eat NLS pellets, the small size, also they chew in the bottom tablets that I add for my corys and bottom feeders, and once a week bloodworms.

Great add for your tank!!

I have had some for a few months now. Currently have four. They are your typical danio, but my recommendation is get some strong lights to show off their color. Some are more pink, some more orange. I love them, just wish they were so jumpy.

Back
Top Bottom