Putting my foot down.....with a bride to be :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a thought but what if she had a guppy or 2 neons or something in each. Then you could house them properly after the wedding and have a nice school for your tank.

It's certainly hit or miss with some females! Same as with any fish though.
I said "mellow" to mean not as fast as a tetra or my platties at getting food. Or mine definitely are not, so they get outcompeted for the good stuff! Not mellow by attitude ;)

Mumma.of.two said:
Just a thought but what if she had a guppy or 2 neons or something in each. Then you could house them properly after the wedding and have a nice school for your tank.

Oh a guppy I could see work, even a feeder guppy. And they would be more compatible or useful (as a feeder) for most people to take home if they have aquariums or animals that want a snack.
I'll be honest, i know it's best to not go with any fish at all but I wouldn't feel as bad if they were feeder guppies rather than a betta. Please don't bash me for that >_<
so if it MUST be a fish, there are other options rather than bettas, but best to not use fish!

gabysapha said:
I'll be honest, i know it's best to not go with any fish at all but I wouldn't feel as bad if they were feeder guppies rather than a betta. Please don't bash me for that >_<
so if it MUST be a fish, there are other options rather than bettas, but best to not use fish!

My thoughts exactly! Male guppies kind of look like bettas if you squint :p And much easier to find a home for afterwards.

Brides are a tricky thing. Try the using the aspect of what a nightmare it will be after the reception when all she'll really want to do is relax.

ask her if she really wants all that fish poop as centerpieces..... tell her that bettas poop A LOT!!!!! :D

PERFECT! Point out no one wants to see turds hanging from fish and floating around, none the less being nibbled on by the fish after they detach, while they are eating! :ROFLMAO:

Ahahahaha.....the poop worked. I told her noone wanted to eat with fish pooping in a bowl at the table! She said ewwww you're right, colored marbles it is.

Back
Top Bottom