PVC Hiding spot for my 20G freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jgeezer1986

Aquarium Advice Activist
I cut a piece of 2"PVC pipe for my aquarium. I filed off all of the rough edges and sanded the whole piece so there are no sharp edges to possible harm my fish. I Cleaned it thoroughly under hot tap water. Im not putting anything on it for the time as i want to see how it will look in there just bright white.

My question is, the way I cleaned it under hot tap water correct? There is no visible dirt on it , it is bright white , but i dont know for sure that it is free of any dirt that can harm my tank...

Any help here would be awesome...

Thanks in advance

I'd say you're fine with the hot water wash. Heck, you even sanded yours. I've only run my finger around the cut. You're good. :)

I'm pretty sure that after a while, your pvc pipe will start growing algae on it, so it might be better to either paint it (krylon is the best, I hear), or hotglue some rocks onto it...oooh, maybe bind some java or christmas moss to it, and have it grow, that'd be really neat!

Oh ya , thats something i forgot to ask.. I want to intentionally grow algae on it. I have four swordtails and two cats that would love that for a snack and also make it look neat.

Oh ya , thats something i forgot to ask.. I want to intentionally grow algae on it. I have four swordtails and two cats that would love that for a snack and also make it look neat.

Sand the gloss off the pipe... the moss/algae will take hold much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom