Pwc and conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffruth

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, curious. When doing PWC, do you add tap conditioner to each bucket, or do you add it to the tank??

Depends on how you are going to fill your tank...

If you filling it up by the bucket, it's either your choice, you could add a drop or two of de-chlorinator and pour it in, or you can dose the whole tank and fill the tank up with the buckets

If your using a python, just dose the tank according to the instructions and fill er up

I do it by the bucket. Wasn't sure if I could just dump in the tank or not. Would be easier then trying to figure out how much per bucket :). Thx

What's a python??

It's a tool that some people use to drain and fill their tank.

Nice post... I was just thinking about this last night, haha. I've always done the bucket method, too.

When you dose the tank and then fill it up, do you shut off the filter? Just wondering about non-dechlorinated water and your bio filter.:confused:

I always turn off my filter during water changes...if you're just topping off evaporated water with a bucket of dechlorinated water there's no need though.

If you use a water changing system, add the dechlorinator directly to the tank and dose the amount based on the entire volume of the tank...not just the water you are replacing. Seachem Prime works well for that purpose, I'm not sure I'd trust other brands. If you're just using buckets, I'd be safe and condition each bucket individually.

I do each bucket to be safe. I turn off the whole tank when doing PWC's. Usually change 3-5 gallons depending how long it's been. I would like to get a setup where I don't have to use many buckets, something to plan for...

Back
Top Bottom