Pygmy corys - how many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neosilee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 long that I had as a divided betta tank. The bettas are moving to better accommodations, and I was thinking of just getting a bunch of Pygmy corys, or a smaller group of pygmys and a school of tetras or something. It currently has a hob filter for a 40 gallon, which I can upgrade if needed. Tried a google search and just got a massively wide range of answers from 2 to 60. Aqadvisor actually says around 45. That seems excessive to me. (I like to play on aqadvisor, but don't take it as the end all of information)

Re: Pigmy Corys - how many?

I currently have 1 Albino Cory Catfish in my 10-gallon aquarium. My aquarium is overstocked, unfortunately... I plan on getting a bigger tank (37-ish gallons) and splitting my current stock between the two. When that day comes I also plan on buying at least 3 more Corys so that my original one isn't alone anymore. (The Corys will be moved to the bigger tank along with a few other fish.) I personally think that it's all based on preference and making sure that you have a school of them and a decent fish-to-water ratio. Good luck! :fish2:

I have pgmy corys! I love them! The crazy lfs sold them to me as Octo. I researched them and found them same problem. Very little information about the true pgmy. I only have 3 in a 10 gallon. I agree that you could happily house 20 I your tank. They produce very little wate. Mine love my live plants that I have in my tank. If you have live plants you'll find them swim all around and even resting on them.

Back
Top Bottom