Python Clean& Fill vs. Lee's Clean & Fill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weltmeister

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I am ready to buy either a Python or Lee's clean & fill device. Is anyone aware of the differences, or lack of differences, between the two?

I noticed that the Lee's was more expensive, and that it has an inlet screen to protect against sucking up fish. The main spout looks exactly the same on both models.

Are there any general issues with using these devices that I should be aware of?

thanks,
Jonathan

[center:99d864472e] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, weltmeister!! :n00b: [/center:99d864472e]
I vaguely recall this topic before and I believe the python edged out Lee's, but I don't recall why.

If any one can recall why python may have edged out the competition, I would like to hear! I have convince the hubby of the labor saving device. And he saw one of the LFS using one, no hauling! Since he is the one who has to haul the heavy bucket (I have bad knees) and bring me back the milk jugs of water... it was an easy sell once he saw it working.

My experience has been, after using both of them for quite a while, is that one is green and the other is blue. That's about the only difference I've found worth mentioning. I like the Lee fittings better though because they are easier to take apart.

I have the Python and have been using it for maybe the last 3 years. I like it alot. I would recomend picking up a metal adaptor for the sink though. the one that comes with the Python is plastic and the threads wear out rather quickly. You also could cobble the pieces together from Lowes, Home Depot, or Wally-World. You would need a fill-and-drain kit for a waterbed (<$6.00), some hose, a ball valve and a regular gravel vac.

bound-for-obx is 100% correct the threads wear out way to fast and you end up spraying water every where...lol.

Mine wore out in about a month.
Other than that the python works great and saves alot of time.
HTH :D

I avoid the threads wearing out issue by using quick-connect couplings (see yellow parts in attached picture) that can be purchased at any garden center. I leave part of the coupling permanently attached to my tub faucet. I also have quick-connects at the other end, so I can switch between the short and long gravel vacs quickly.

Back
Top Bottom