Python Gravel Cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pilotfox01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm not to sure where to put this but I guess ill just put it here. I have one of those Python gravel cleaners that attaches to the sink. However its getting all twisted up and on some parts of the hose its kinked and I have a hard time bending back into shape. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

stick with a siphon man, those things are old school, and pretty fun to master

stick with a siphon man, those things are old school, and pretty fun to master

The python is a siphon, it simply attatches to a faucet to start and maintain the suction, this is really nice in situations where the tank (or pond) is lower than the container your draining into. Once you have syphoned the desired amount you flip a switch and it fills through the same line.

. However its getting all twisted up and on some parts of the hose its kinked and I have a hard time bending back into shape. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

hook it too the faucet, then run it outside to the drive way or street, not in the grass or bushes working out as many of the twists and kinks as you can at this point. Turn the water on full hot for 5 minutes or so (hot water would kill grass or other plants). turn off the water and disconnect. get one person on each end of it and gently work the twists and kinks out and kinda stretch it. Let it cool off while fully extended. Roll it back up carefully and it should be in much better shape. After use each time, make sure to roll it up the same way and you shouldn't have the twisting problem.

Please don't scald yourself or anyone else while trying this!!!

The python is a siphon, it simply attatches to a faucet to start and maintain the suction, this is really nice in situations where the tank (or pond) is lower than the container your draining into. Once you have syphoned the desired amount you flip a switch and it fills through the same line.[/quote]

dag yo, i got told! hahah

Back
Top Bottom