Python gravel cleaner not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
As stated above my python does not suck properly it goes up a small flight of stairs two feet then up to the faucet. Is there anything I can do.

calfishguy said:
As stated above my python does not suck properly it goes up a small flight of stairs two feet then up to the faucet. Is there anything I can do.

Did you check for clogs or leaks. I found if its not tight on the faucet that it has limited pressure. Also check for kinks in the line.

Too much change in slope will prevent the water from suctioning

I have the same problem... Curious to answers! My old python worked great till a piece cracked. Hubby came home with a different brand and it just doesn't work that great. It's a slow process trying to vacuum debris and I have no slopes.

Turns out I didn't have enough pressure with the current faucet so I will set up a small faucet on my wash tub in the basement and see if that works. Now I just need to get an extension.

calfishguy said:
Turns out I didn't have enough pressure with the current faucet so I will set up a small faucet on my wash tub in the basement and see if that works. Now I just need to get an extension.

I ditched my sink attachment and got a garden hose adapter because it's the same size and screws right on to where my python would when I drain I let it go outside I just open the door and let it go down the stairs that give me lots of sucking power and then hook it up directly to the sink for top ups

I also have crappy water pressure

Back
Top Bottom