Python Hose Kit Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LondonGman:

Yeah. I'm finding that with pythons the longer they are the more difficult it is to get good, coinsistent suction. I've also found that you need very good water pressure from your taps and a good connection with the tap. If your connection is weak and/or water tends to spray out from around the o-ring, you may be having problems as a result.

Also, as a side-note to a now-concluded discussion, I also use a python and simply add dechlor to the water as I'm filling. No deaths yet!

I've the 50 foot python; I had to buy it as the only faucet I can use it with is in the kitchen on the other side of the apt. Its all on the same floor; you might want to contact Python and check and see what they say about using it on 2 diff floors.

As for water pressure, that hasn't been a prob. In fact the only prob I've noticed is when I move the bottom thingie on the faucet to fill, and have the off switch on so I don't flood the apt while I'm running from the kitchen to the living room LOL the pressure is so much it undoes itself. I wind having to stand at the tank and have hubby move the thingie for me (dunno what its called...wish I did LOL that sounds kinda wrong LOL).

Back
Top Bottom