Python No Spill Clean and Fill Kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am just getting to this forum and saw this post.

For all your DIY people. You can make one out of a water bed filler. I bought the hoses from home depot and plumbed everything up

See Rigger's post on page 2, with a link to an article about doing just that! Definitely a $ saver.

I am setting up a new tank with an auto top-off I made from a toilet refill float valve. I figure it'll slowly trickle in water to make up for evaporation. With this slow addition, do I need to worry about adding dechlor ( with a doser? ) to keep up with the added tap water? I still plan on addin dechlor when I do water changes.

With this slow addition, do I need to worry about adding dechlor
That is an interesting concept! Do you have a lot of evaporation? I really don't know the answer, but a good place to start would be to test the amount of chlorine and chloramines in your water supply first, to see how much is there to begin with. For me, my water changes are frequent enough that evaporation does not play much of a role, and what little there is just makes a little extra splash noise, but is not worth fixing.

Back
Top Bottom