Python No-Spill System...and regular bathroom faucets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PK Tester

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know if these python no spill systems work on regular bathroom sinks?

TIA !

Mine works fine, you might need to use a wrench to remove the aerator thingy so you can screw the python on.

Maillis do you use yours on just like a regular bathroom sink? My sink just has like a push up valve and large ring that the water comes out of. The ring is much larger than say a utility sink.

I attached my python to the bath tub faucet. The flow is much faster than the sink, and it's so much easier to clean up afterward. Plus, my sink faucet splashes like crazy without the aerator in place.

First, I unscrewed my original tub faucet off the wall. Behind it, there was a short threaded pipe. I went to Home Depot and picked up a new faucet with a threaded pipe diverter valve, and screwed it onto the pipe. I also had to get a threaded brass converter so I could attach the python. For convenience, I also attached one of those quick release garden hose unions, so I don't keep stripping the plastic threads on the python pump (for the money they charge, the dang thing should have brass threads! :evil: ).

Here are pictures of my tub faucet without, and with the python attached. The yellow component is the quick release union.

QTOFFER, you are hardcore!!

Also, because the tub is lower than the sink, and likely lower than most tanks, you can shut off the water flow and just allow the syphon to run by itself if you are concerned about wasting water. In the tub it is also easier to put a container under the faucet and catch the tank water for houseplant watering.

I am too fond of my tub faucet, esthetically speaking, to swap it out!

PK Tester, as long as your faucet has some sort of threading on the end you can find an adapter that will connect to your python so it will work. If it is not threaded then you are out of luck, unless you can come up with some clever modification.

You should have no problem with the fit. You can order adapters if you run into any problems, but I only use mine in the bathroom sinks.

img_284493_0_147597a918b786b9d0292e70543e230c.jpg

Thanks guys!

Mine does have a thread if I remove the ring around it. The idea of using a tub is great...too bad the bathroom I plan to use only has a shower :-( .

Any idea if this could possibly work on a shower if you removed the head?

Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom