python sale at petsmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who was waiting to buy one but didnt want to pay 30 dollars w shipping. Petsmart.com has them on sale for 23.99 for the 25 foot, just print out the page and bring it in and they will price match it.

I finally got one and wow it is amazing how I did with out it for so long

Ryan

oh darn it! i could have saved on shipping when i got mine.

hey all, if you don't have one, get one. they ROCK.

WaterPond said:
I have been thinking of getting one, I don't understand how they attach to your sink though.

It uses a T-piece that can get opened (to siphon water) or closed (to fill your tank). Same piece that is used for waterbeds, assuming anyone still has one.

hmm, I Might do some measurements today to see if a 25 foot would span from my bathroom sink to my bedroom. I might ask for one for christmas or something. I don't really need one though, i am fine with the bucket for now. I don't really have any big tanks though either. Hmm.

Rrwbw00, thats what i paid for my 50 foot kit about 2 weeks ago. I can't believe that i used buckets before, i wouldnt think to own a tank without a python now :)

On an off note i think its funny that most people cant show you with a straight face how to start the suction on a standard gravel vac :D

-Pleco

I just picked up the 50 ft last week for that price. I will never use a bucket again, this thing is amazingly helpful.

does it do anything to the water if your filling the tank with it or do you simply add your stress coat/chlorine remover after your tank has been filled? I've been interested in em for awhile is 25ft the smalles as well? my aquarium sits on my bar inches above my kitchen sink

25ft is the smallest I've ever seen. Most people add dechlor either before, in the middle of, or after filling. There have been debates on when best to do it, and I think most say before or in the middle of filling.

How big is your tank flip? For tanks 10g and less I wouldn't go buy one specifically. If you had one then it will work well, but i just use a 4g (30-40% water change) bucket to drain my 10g. You can just siphon your straight into the sink.

yeah its a little 10gal and that was my main plain to just empty straight into sink. i have my 5gal bucket from wal-mart ready for the first pwc in this tank(its still cycling but my feeder fish got ich so i've used some medicine) i found the idea of it very neat but having a 25ft setup is more of a waste of money for me i guess

Back
Top Bottom