Python-type siphon, but metal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackSpadesSI

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently use a Python-type siphon (the Aqueon one) for my weekly PWC routine. However, I find the plastic to be a bit flimsy. I've already broken the faucet adapter twice (where it screws in).

Is there a more robust siphon alternative? Perhaps the exact same thing, but made out of metal on the faucet side?

How are you breaking the faucet adapter? Are you over tightening it? I've had mine for almost a year with no problems. You could probably get some type of brass adapter that would work but you'll still have the same problem connecting it to the aqueon.

It is plastic for a reason - inertness. Copper or Brass may leach out the metal, and copper will kill inverts. <You need a good deconditioner like Prime if you go the brass route.> Iron will rust, etc. <If you can find a stainless steel adapter, that would be ideal.> But really, the python adapter should be fairly robust .... are you cross-threading it into something that it is not fitting?

Try extending the hose length to reduce pressure on the faucet adapter.

Back
Top Bottom